A robust and assertive earthy character.
Ronchevat probably derives from the word roncevaux, which means a valley full of uncleared brambles.
This term generally characterizes poor soils, conducive to viticulture.
Visits and tastings by appointment from Monday to Saturday.
Grape variety: Chardonnay
Surface area of the plots: 0,9 hectares
Average vine age: 35 to 65 years
Soil: triassic clays, not very stony heavy soils with a very distinct vein on the land classified in appellation Pouilly-Fuissé
Exposure and gradient: south, 310 to 320m above sea-level with a 10 to 15% gradient
Harvest: by hand
Settling: cold static to obtain slightly turbid juice
Alcoholic Fermentation: barrels of 228 liters (10-15% new wood) wild yeast
Malo-lactic Fermentation: spontaneous and complete
Aging: in oak barrels of 228 liters, on its lees from 10 to 12 months
Bottling: before the harvest of the following year
Straw yellow with golden reflections, vibrant, expressive and bright.
The nose is an expression of ripe fruit (peach, mango), toasted bread, fresh butter and a hint of spice (cinnamon, white pepper). On the palate, the wine is powerful and beautifully structured.
Dish Pairings: white fish or in sauce, creamed Bresse chicken, veal “blanquette”
Awards and Press
– 89/100 (Bronze medal) Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
– 1st star in the Hachette guide 2020
– 15/20 Magazine « Bourgogne Aujourd’hui » N°145 (March 2019)
– 16.5/20, « Coup de Cœur » Bettane & Desseauve guide 2019
– 16+/20 (92-93/100) « Vert de Vin » Magazine – June 2018
– 90/100 (Highly Recommended) Decanter Magazine June 2018